Message from Encore Band President, Tom Fleming:
Come One and all to the driveway, stroll by concert Thursday evening September 3.
There will be a 9 piece swing band plus vocalist Sharon Smith playing many of your old favourite tunes. We are featuring our vocalist and solos from many of our instrumentalists. There is a tentative program attached (subject to minor changes). Check it out.
We’ll start about 6:30 or seven and finish at about 8:30 or 9:00PM.
Bring a lawn chair and socially distance across the street and on either side of the driveway. There will be a container available for donations if any of you feel inclined to chip in.
The location is 129 Johnston Avenue (Just West off Yonge Street and South of Sheppard Avenue.
Musicians: bring a stand light if you have one and a lawn chair if you can.
If there are any questions please contact me directly by e-mail return or phone 416-258-6818.
See you there!
Program for Laneway Concert Thursday Sept. 3
1. Gershwin Medley –(Someone to Watch Over Me, Embraceable You, I’ve Got a Crush On You)
2. Red Roses For a Blue Lady.
3. Skylark – Vocal with Sharon Smith
4. In The Mood
5. Bei Mir Bist Du Schoen – Vocal
7. Concerto For Drums – With John Collin
8. Summertime – vocal
9. Tijuana Taxi.
11. Fever – vocal
12. When I’m 64
13. Moonglow – vocal
14. Yes Indeed
15. Rockin’ Robin
16. Cherry Pink and Apple Blossom White – Trumpet Feature
17. Saint Louis Blues March
18. Sweet Georgia Brown – vocal